HSAs are a convenient tax-free way to save and pay for qualified medical expenses. SPIRE offers free savings, checking, and certificate HSAs with no minimum balance, monthly service charges or set up fees.
- Reduce your insurance premiums by choosing a low-premium HDHP and put the extra money in your HSA to save for the future.
- Earn tax-free dividends. Withdrawals are tax-free when used for qualified medical expenses. You may even be able to deduct your contributions on your tax return, if they are not done on a pre-tax basis by your employer.
- You decide how much money to put into the account. You don’t have to contribute every year and your employer may make contributions as well. For single coverage, you can contribute up to $3,450. For family coverage, you can contribute up to $6,900. For those 55 years of age or older, you can make an additional "catch-up" contribution of up to $1,0001.
- You decide whether to pay current medical bills, including expenses not covered by insurance or to save for future needs like health insurance and medical expenses if unemployed, medical expenses after retirement (before Medicare) or long-term care expenses.
- All money left over grows tax-free, including interest. Even if you switch jobs, become unemployed or retire, it’s yours. It can even be passed on to loved ones. Withdrawals for qualified medical expenses are never taxed.
- No minimum balance, monthly service charges or set up fees.
- Earn dividends on all SPIRE HSAs.
- HSA Checking accounts include a free HSA Visa® Debit card.
- Free eStatements and Internet Banking.
- Set up a recurring auto transfer or direct deposit a portion of your paycheck into your HSA.
View our rates
Truth in Savings
1HDHP & HSA contribution limits are adjusted annually for inflation. Contributions listed reflect 2018 limits.