SPIRE is now accepting applications for the 2021 SPIRE Scholarship Program. A total of $5,000 in scholarships will be awarded — three $1,000 scholarships for traditional students (graduating high school seniors) and two $1,000 scholarships for non-traditional students (returning to or continuing college).
Applicants will complete an online application form and submit a 500-1,000 word essay on the topic, “How has the global pandemic financially affected you and/or your family, and what steps have you taken to manage your finances throughout this time?”
In order to apply, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a primary member of SPIRE Credit Union.
- SPIRE account must be in good standing.
- Applicants must submit an online application and write an essay of 500-1,000 words on the topic, “How has the global pandemic financially affected you and/or your family, and what steps have you taken to manage your finances throughout this time?”
- Student must retain a 2.0 GPA or higher.
- Do not include the applicant's name or family members' names in your essay or community involvement responses as this will result in disqualification of the application.
- Scholarships will be awarded to applicants attending any post-secondary, accredited school (2-year, 4-year, trade school, vocational school, etc.).
Applicants will be selected by a committee based the overall presentation of essay and application (appearance, style, grammar, content), their community involvement, and school/extracurricular activities.
Completed applications must be received by April 15, 2021. Scholarship winners will be notified in May.
For more information and to apply, visit myspire.com/scholarship.