2019 SPIRE Scholarships
The SPIRE Scholarship Program recognizes academic achievement and community involvement.
SPIRE will award two (2) $500 scholarships. Applicants will be asked to complete an online application form and a 500-1,000 word essay.
Scholarships will be paid out directly to the school during the student’s first quarter/semester.
There will be a one-year expiration date on all scholarships. Any funds not used within one year will be returned to SPIRE.
- Must be a primary member of SPIRE Credit Union
- SPIRE account must be in good standing
- Applicants must submit an online application and write an essay of 500-1,000 words
- Student must retain a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Do not include the applicant's name or family members' names in your essay or community involvement responses as this will result in disqualification of the application.
- Must be a high school senior seeking higher education (traditional)
- Scholarships will be awarded to applicants attending any post-secondary, accredited school (2-year, 4-year, trade school, vocational school, etc.)
- Applicants will be selected by a committee based on the following: overall presentation of essay and application (appearance, style, grammar, content); community involvement; school/extracurricular activities
- Applications will be available starting February 7, 2019
- Completed applications must be received by April 15, 2019